A real piece of the past
- Amazingly, this peeler almost vanished into history - until we saved it. Lehman's purchased the patterns for the Reading 78 and has continued manufacturing it in our workshop, making it one of the oldest designs still in production. Each one is carefully assembled using 44 precision steps, and thoroughly tested before it goes out the door to ensure the highest quality. A Lehman's exclusive and customer favorite for years.
How We Make the Peelers
- Total number of cast iron, cast bronze or steel pieces Per Apple Peeler: 31
- Holes Drilled: 22
- Holes Tapped: 10
- Number of Assembly Steps: 44 (From start to packed in box)
- Time it takes to Make One Apple Peeler: 48 Min.
- Our craftsman can make about 50 per week
- Made in USA