For centuries, homesteaders and farmers have used this simple, practical tool to make carrying heavy loads easier.
- Custom-designed yoke sits across the neck and shoulders, preventing muscle strain
- Smooth-sanded, 2-1/2" thick poplar yoke, handmade by an Amish craftsman
- 30" lengths of ultra-strong 1/4" Manila hemp rope
- 3-1/2" solid iron hooks, forged by a local blacksmith
- A well-made, hard-to-find implement made to last
- 43-1/2"L, 6-1/2 lb.
Note: Yoke and buckets are sold separately. Must use two buckets in order to make the yoke balance properly.
SHOULDER YOKE DESCRIPTION
'...With the yoke I could carry two 5gallon buckets full of water without any discomfort, whereas I would previously have to stop en route to the trees several times because my fingers would hurt carrying one bucket. An added benefit: when hanging from the yoke and steadied by holding the handles, there is no water sloshing out of the bucket onto your feet like you tend to get when just carrying the bucket in your hand!."