The Black Berkey elements remove and reduce the following:
- Removes chemicals (including herbicides and pesticides) and chlorine to below detectable levels
- Reduces pathogenic bacteria, viruses (MS2 – Fr Coliphage) and parasites by more than 99.9%
- Also, removes sediments, iron, foul tastes and odors
- Reduces up to 95% heavy metals like lead, mercury, aluminum, chromium and copper
The lifespan of the Black Berkey elements depend on the water quality and filter care. On average:
- Each element lasts up to 3,000 gallons
- 2 elements last up to 6,000 gallons
- 4 elements last up to 12,000 gallons
Tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed EPA and ANSI/NSF (Std. 53) protocol.
View our Filter Cross Reference Chart to compare filters.