Save your money, cheep, poor manufacture
Feb 27, 2017
I got this for my son as a christmas present. He does cave tours and wanted to show the children what it was like for the first miners/explorers. I thought this would be a great gift and he was excited for it. It broke the second time he used it. The water dripper tip broke off making it so you could not turn the unit off. then the whole assembly fell out causing a burst of flame upwards towards him. the reflector rattles around and can not be tightened. . Do NOT do it. its so poorly made and poor customer service, I called and was told there was nothing they could or would do.
Lehman's says: We're so sorry for your experience. As soon as we received your review, we talked to our customer service manager who will be calling you personally. We're going to send you a brand new lamp in place of the faulty one you received. If you need any further assistance with operating the lamp, please give us a call and our service technician will help answer any questions you have: 1-800-438-5346. Again, our sincere apologies.
May 7, 2014
I bought the lamp for my father about 3 years ago for father's day,the lamp should be used as nothing more than a conversation piece,it doesn't put out that much light,and the flame is not consistent.The carbide however is great,it has many uses,from caving,to survival,the cost however wont let many people buy.
Feb 22, 2013
Dependable, Easy to make working. Lasts a Very Long time. I've had my first one for 5 years and no trouble.
Aug 21, 2012
Pretty to look at. Worthless as a light source. Does not function like its advertised to. A 'nick-nack, perhaps. Nonfunctional showpiece at best!
Jan 27, 2012
Shoddy and possibly dangerous. The bracket which would hold the lamp to a cap is not 180 degrees from the light; if it were attached to a cap, the lamp would be aimed 10 degrees to the right. The water valve could not be completely closed. I thought I had closed it, and was letting the flame burn the gas that was in the column, but after 5 minutes the flame suddenly shot out a good 6 inches. There was nothing to do but put the lamp in a damp place outdoors away from my house and let it burn the rest of its fuel. Cannot possibly recommend this.