Weight Stones for Crocks
Weight Stones for Fermenting and Pickling
- Weights help keep food submerged in the brine while fermenting
- Made for our numbered stoneware crocks
- Each size includes two semi-circle stones
- USA made in Ohio
Weight stones sizes available (each sold separately):
- 1-Gallon: Overall 5-7/8"OD, 2-1/2 lb
- 2-Gallon: Overall 7-5/8"OD, 4 lb
- 3-Gallon: Overall 8-1/2"OD, 4-3/4 lb
- 5-Gallon: Overall 9-1/2"OD, 6-1/2 lb
Helpful Hint: These weight stones are made to fit our Numbered Stoneware Crocks. The gallon reference refers to the size of the crock they fit. (Example: For the 2-gallon numbered crock, choose the 2-gallon weight stones.)
If you're using these weight stones with a different type of crock, make sure you measure the inside of your crock first to find the correct size. The dimensions of the weight stones refer to the two-pieces resting together to form one circle. It's important to leave a little space to get them in and out comfortably.
Pickling? Making sauerkraut? You'll need these crock weight stones. They help keep food submerged in the brine, so your creation comes out at its very best.